Your Privacy Rights
Our Commitment to Privacy
Lanamark operates in the business-to-business (B2B) software industry. Unlike many companies and websites, Lanamark does not focus on consumer users or the collection of consumer data. To the extent Lanamark collects information online, Lanamark purpose is to better serve Lanamark business customers.
The Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information when you use or register to use our products and services, browse this Site, any other Lanamark website, or any affiliate site:
- Information you provide when you register or make an online order, join an online community or other group, inquire about Lanamark products, or request Lanamark support or services at any Lanamark interactive message board, or via any e-mail messages you send us, including personally identifiable information such as your name, contact information (phone, fax, postal address, and email address), ordering information, and payment data.
- Information you provide, including personally identifiable information you submit through this Site in the process of registering for a Lanamark product, service or event.
- Passively collected information, including through the use of “cookies” described below, such as IP addresses, web browser and operating system information, date and time of visits, and the web pages you visit when browsing this Site, any other Lanamark website or any affiliate site.
- Click-through information related to Lanamark emails and related marketing activities.
- Aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as the number of hits per week or per web page.
- Anonymous information about applications, services, workloads, servers and other systems collected or used in our products and services.
“Cookies” are small text files that store information about your interactions with a particular website, either temporarily (known as a “temporary” or “session” cookie, and deleted once you close your browser window) or more permanently on the hard drive of your computer (known as a “permanent” or “persistent cookie”). Cookies can make it easier to use a website by allowing servers to access certain information quickly:
- Session cookies can be used to help a user’s browser navigate a website more smoothly and may show up if the user comes from a website with which the subsequent website has some relationship (e.g., a website of an affiliated company) and can give helpful information.
- Persistent cookies can be used to customize a website for a user, such as by storing passwords, preferences, and registration and account information so that users do not have to reenter this information each time they visit a website.
This Site may use both session/temporary cookies and persistent/permanent cookies to store information that allows Lanamark to offer you better customer service and to navigate through the Site with ease. To make the Site easier to use, Lanamark combines information collected via cookies with personally identifiable information. Note that if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you might not be able to access important functions or areas of the Site or enjoy certain conveniences at this Site.
The Way We Use Information
Lanamark uses information collected online in the following ways:
- For information you provide directly online or through email messages, relating to inquiries about products, ordering products, requests for support or services, or downloading products, Lanamark uses the information to engage in and process transactions with you, respond to your inquiries and requests, and provide customer support activities.
- For information you provide online, including actions or clicks from hyperlinks and subscriptions, Lanamark may use the information to customize future communications and web pages in accordance with communication preferences you have established with Lanamark.
- For some registration, email and user data you provide, Lanamark may direct you to particular web pages, customize the web pages you see, or otherwise increase the relevance of the information you receive.
- For information about web pages visited, page hits per week, and the like, Lanamark uses this information internally to improve the design of web pages.
- For information submitted online for registering to attend a Lanamark event or use a Lanamark service, Lanamark may use and disseminate this information internally and among its affiliates to communicate with you and to facilitate your registration and participation.
When We Share Customer Information
Lanamark shares information for business purposes only on a need-to-know basis and only with: (a) its own employees and affiliates; (b) the customer from which Lanamark received the information; (c) Lanamark subcontractors, consultants, and third-party service-provider companies, that have agreed to safeguard such information in a like manner to the way that Lanamark safeguards such information; and (d) other entities authorized to have access to such information under applicable law or regulation. Lanamark does not share non-public individually identifiable information with third party marketers.
Lanamark will not use or share information in ways unrelated to those described above without first notifying you and offering you a choice as to whether or not Lanamark may use your data in this different manner.
Our Commitment to Data Integrity and Security
Lanamark processes information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for such purposes, Lanamark takes reasonable steps to make sure that customer information is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use. However, Lanamark expects customers will update their personal information with Lanamark as necessary.
Lanamark takes reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity, and prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure, of information.
Links to Unaffiliated Third Party Websites
This Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. If you link to or otherwise visit any other websites managed by third parties, please review the privacy policies posted at those sites. Lanamark has no control over those websites and is not responsible or liable for the policies and practices followed by third parties.
How You Can Update or Correct Your Information
Lanamark may keep information in an off-line form, for archival purposes or as otherwise required by law. Please note that if your information is removed from our databases, you may no longer be able to access certain areas of our website requiring registration or a subscription.
Users may request to be removed from a Lanamark e-mail list, by following the "unsubscribe" instructions on e-mails from Lanamark or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revisions and Contact Information
Last updated: June 18, 2008